Rail Route is a tycoon & management game inspired by railroad dispatching. Construct your own sprawling rail network, control the traffic, and expand to your heart’s content! Unlock new technology, upgrade your infrastructure, and automate. You can even design your own maps with the in-game editor!
In early access, there will be two game modes available:
Endless Maps, as the name implies, allows you to play the game endlessly. Your goal is not just to get each train to its destination on time, but also to expand your rail network, add new trains, and optimize everything as best you can within the limits of the map. Build tracks to new stations, accept new train contracts, upgrade your system through multiple technology trees, and see how your railroad grows from a tiny three-station system into a sprawling creation that runs like clockwork.
- Accept different kinds of contracts as traffic on your railroad
- Operate trains according to their timetables
- Expand your rail network, build new useful components and buildings
- Earn rewards – money & experience points
- Unlock upgrades – improve your technologies, interface and discover new building components
- Automate – build various sensors and automate the operations
Scored maps are puzzle levels with a pre-set train schedule and track layout. You have one goal, and one goal only: get your trains to their destinations on time. These levels provide a variety of challenges, from simple routing situations to difficult sequencing puzzles. These levels are the same for everyone – so, go ahead and compete for the high score!
- Dynamic scoring system
- Hand-made timetables – including both famous, and innovatively imagined, junctions and layouts
- Ensure that your trains arrive, and are dispatched, on time
In-Game Map Editor
The game comes with a built-in editor that allows you to fine-tune your own map, whether it’s scored or endless. Recreate your favorite junction, build your hometown from scratch or design a railroad of your own. You can then share your map through the steam workshop.
More to come
There’s still more content to come in later updates. Currently planned updates are:
- Shunting – trains compositions, attaching / detaching train cars
- Freight Yard Maps – handle the incoming and outgoing freight cars
- Map events – include a random event or a storyline into your maps, make them more interesting
- More unlocks in the Endless Maps
This list is just the tip of the iceberg, and updates will be driven by community feedback.
Rail Route has been in active development for more than two years. Numerous free alpha previews were released to the community and the development was heavily directed by the received feedback. We launched into early access in June 2021 to huge success, and we now have a 5000-strong community Discord server where we discuss updates, feedback, and community-made maps. We continue to update Rail Route on a regular basis, chugging along to our full release!
Bitrich.info started as two friends working on a passion project. Now, just two years later, it has expanded into a vibrant team of developers, designers and musicians – all working to create the greatest dispatching game out there. Rail Route – their first title – boasts over 500 Steam reviews and a Discord community of 5000 loyal fans. Bitrich continues to provide regular updates to Rail Route as they chug their way towards the full release.
Links & Contact
E-mail: [email protected]
“Q MERITO”, 4th floor
Agio Nikolaos, Kamares, 6037 Larnaca, Cyprus
VAT ID: CY10426342O
Bitirch.info allows for the contents of Rail Route to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Rail Route is legally & explicitly allowed by Bitrich.info.